The Wiltshire Children and Young People Emotional Wellbeing Service, provided by HCRG Care Group, has been funded by Wiltshire Council to improve outcomes for children and young people with emotional wellbeing and low level mental health needs. The service provides information, advice, support and positive activities.
Who do we support?
Children and young people aged 5-18 registered with a Wiltshire GP who may be experiencing
- low mood and mild depression
- panic, stress, worry and mild anxiety
- problems sleeping
- mild self harm
- difficulties regulating emotions and behaviour
- early concerns about disordered eating
- body image
- anger difficulties
- low self-esteem
- wanting to talk about sexual identity and/or gender
- relationship difficulties with family
- relationship problems with friendship groups (including bullying)
- bereavement, grief or loss
- feeling overwhelmed by pressure eg in relation to school work.
Please note we are not a crisis service so anyone in need of urgent support to manage risk should be referred to CAMHS.
We are unable to offer support to children and young people if they are already receiving support from another counselling agency or from CAMHS or have finished support within 12 weeks.
We are also an all year round service and so our support does not stop in school holidays.
What do we offer?
On Your Mind website
Information, advice and support for young people and parents/carers including links to resources and organisations that can help with emotional wellbeing.