Moving from Primary School to Secondary School can feel really scary. You are used to being a big fish in a little pond and it can feel that you are about to be a tiny fish in a huge pond!
It is natural to feel worried about upcoming changes. But luckily, you are not the only one in the worried boat. Every year 6 about to be a year 7 will be feeling a little apprehensive. There are some things that you can do to help you:
- If you are feeling worried about the new route – practice doing it with a friend of family member.
- Notice that nervous energy in your tummy & rename it excitement!
- Talk to older friends or family who have been through the transition
- Talk to family if you are feeling worried
- Practice putting on your new school uniform – how does it feel!?
- Watch the ‘Moving up’ Video from The Anna Freud NCCF – the videos talks about all of the things you might be worried about and helps you think of solutions to those worries! The video is at the bottom of this page…
- The transition toolkit training – to do with a parent!
Good luck – you’ll do great!