We have now started our online club for young people (aged 13-18years) with additional needs. We are exploring elements of their identity through art, fashion and heritage, and the group is proving to be lots of fun. We still have spaces available – email email@example.com to find out more.
- Week One saw us explore what colours mean to us. We also looked at different flags and created personal and group flags.
- Week Two we explored shoes, including high heel shoes throughout history. We were visited by a Doc Marten fan and learnt how these shoes were inspired by workmen clothes. We also designed our own funky shoes and wrote a poem.
- Week Three we explored hats and hair styles, which ones we’d like to have, and assumptions that are made such as girls having long hair. We played games and talked about different celebrities.
Upcoming activities: Visit from Trowbridge Museum staff, T-shirt decorating, scrapbooking, and more!
- ‘Enjoyed everything!’
- ‘Like the different games’
- ‘I enjoyed designing hair styles and found that really awesome’