WHAT IS DRY JANUARY?
Dry January is the annual movement through which millions of people give up alcohol for the month of January.
Doing Dry January:
- Enables you to take control of your relationship with alcohol.
- Drives a conversation about alcohol: why do we drink it, what does it do, and how can we reduce the harm it can cause?
Alcohol Concern brings together an amazing network of individuals and organisations, including partner charities who work on issues associated with alcohol. Together, we will reduce the harm caused by alcohol.
WHY DO DRY JANUARY?
There are loads of reasons for taking part in Dry January, Here are just a few:
- Reset your relationship with alcohol – realise you don’t need it
- New year, new you – do Dry January and feel healthier and happier as:
- you sleep better
- your skin improves
- you lose weight
- More money in your pocket (the average person spends £50,000 on booze in their lifetime)
- Get healthier – through giving up alcohol for a month you do your insides a lot of good.
- Amazing sense of achievement!